Our Lady of Lourdes, Hackenthorpe

Our Lady of Lourdes, Hackenthorpe


The Presbytery, 30 Springwater Avenue
Hackenthorpe
S12 4HJ
Sheffield
Email: olol.church@btinternet.com
Phone: 0114 248 6102
Website: http://www.ourladyoflourdessheffield.org.uk/

Clergy:

Rev Paul O’Hara (2008)

Services

Sunday Mass: Sat 6.30 pm

Weekday Mass: as announced

Holy Day Mass: as announced

Confessions: Sat 10 am (or by arrangement with the priest during the week)

Find Us
More Information

School: Saint John Fisher Primary, Springwater Avenue S12 4HJ

Institution: Beighton Hospital

Groups:U.C.M., Guild of Saint Stephen, Toddlers Group, Youth Activities.

History: After the war ended in 1945 new housing south of the Manor generated estates at Hackenthorpe, Birley, Frecheville and Gleadless. From these grew the churches of Our Lady of Lourdes and St Anthony. The Diocesan Yea Book records that a Mass centre was established at the Birley Hotel in 1952. The mission was served initially from St Theresa’s church. It had its own priest, Fr Peter McDonagh, who by 1957 had the church of Our Lady of Lourdes built and opened.
Today the Parish also covers the ever expanding housing estates in South East Sheffield. There are new developments in Sothall, Waterthorpe and Owlthorpe. The Parish also included the Chapel of Ease (Christ the King) at Beighton.

Click here to export Our Lady of Lourdes, Hackenthorpe’s information in PDF format